Christmas contest results 2011

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Kittykato

Re: Christmas contest results 2011

Post by Kittykato »

Question: I was Disqualified for making a poem not a song but is it possible to make it a song. I mean i could sing it to you right now and it would be a song. I mean even as i was making it i was singing it to myself not reading it.

I feel a little sad about that seeing as i did change it and it obviously would have made a difference if i made a video just singing it instead even though i cant sing.

You can also find various singers who have used it as a song.
AdoptableCollecting Pikachu'sAdoptable
Adoptable
Papilusion
Daydreamer

Post by Papilusion »

Kittykato, I reacted on this... Cause lyrics are in many cases poems. I thought it was wierd... :|
Adoptable
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

Kittykato, I think...the jury wanted a existing song to be changed..or a tune to sing, you know? I don't know all entries, but maybe you didn't said, which tune you used? :/
Papilusion
Daydreamer

Post by Papilusion »

Su-licious, yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If there was a link to someone singing that song, it would have made it through? :?

But I didn't bother to read any of the songs. :P Just a few lines here and there. Next time, make it a singing contest! :lol:
Adoptable
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

shinieaurum, well first of all she made a card for you, so I don't think it's really "kind" of you to just tell it here ..
Next to that it was our mistake, since we thought that the second picture of each card was the inside of the card. So we've seen that wrong. Luckily for her she already traded the prizes away.

Take care of your friends ;)

Kittykato, Hmm .. we just thought it wasn't an appropriate for a songtext. It reminded us more to a poem. There was too much text. & Next to that besides the word "virtuadopt" on the end I couldn't see anything related to Virtuadopt.
Adoptable
[center]Siegj's Trade StationImage[/center]
Kittykato

Post by Kittykato »

I saw a lot of songs that didnt have much to do with virtuaadopt more just Pokemon. I think your being biased against mine because your making it more a poem and not a song which it is not intended for. If you didnt understand it i could have made a tune for it. Maybe next time you can post something about that because when i wrote it i could sing it so how was i supposed to know you couldnt.

I feel i have to argue this one as i made it as a song and your making it a poem and i put a lot of thought into it.

=( im pretty upset about it.

Not the best example but the second ones better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuO24FIt-fw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eao0PU7-Ffo
sung version it is and can be a song. I dont like the biased against it.
Adoptable
LucianoRocha

Post by LucianoRocha »

Gratz for all and my name is LucianoRocha and NO LucianoKocha. :P
Aff LucianoKocha - Didn't mention VA on the name card :cry: :oops: :| :(
Collecting:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shinieaurum

Post by shinieaurum »

Siegj_x - I asked her b4 posting here... well ok then
Image Image
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

Kittykato wrote:I saw a lot of songs that didnt have much to do with virtuaadopt more just Pokemon. I think your being biased against mine because your making it more a poem and not a song which it is not intended for. If you didnt understand it i could have made a tune for it. Maybe next time you can post something about that because when i wrote it i could sing it so how was i supposed to know you couldnt.

I feel i have to argue this one as i made it as a song and your making it a poem and i put a lot of thought into it.

=( im pretty upset about it.

Not the best example but the second ones better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuO24FIt-fw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eao0PU7-Ffo
sung version it is and can be a song. I dont like the biased against it.
We have all mods look at our choices for the contest we posted. Please don't think that we just pick people out and judge against them ;)
We have to let others know why we do judge why we do if they do not agree :)
I did search for this and I could only find the poem, I did not find these songs...ahhhh songdrops. I maybe should have asked my children ;)
Sometimes it is easier to add a link with the lyric so that we can be directed to the music to go with the words, and again, it isn't our responsibility to help you along the way. When you enter other contests they do not do this for you ;)

I am sorry you feel that we are biased but truly we aren't we looked at many different things when we judged and then we brought it to a panel (the other mods) before we posted. Every contest is like that.
It isn't us against you :)
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
Kittykato

Post by Kittykato »

I still dont agree i followed all of the rules checked it 3 times I didnt break any of the rules. It even states that you dont have to follow an original song or make a post including the rythmn. Ive clearly stated and clearly proved that it is a song and your not being fair about it. I dont see the logic behind it.
Since I do feel it is not fair and my view obviously doesnt matter i will not join contests henceforth.
Adoptable
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

Kittykato wrote: It even states that you dont have to follow an original song or make a post including the rythmn.
Write a Christmas song.
Now this can be a song that is already around like "Jingle Bells" BUT you must make all the words YOUR OWN and it must be about Christmas, Virtuadopt and Pokemon.
If you use a song that is already done but changing the words you MUST state what song it used to be.
It also doesn't have to be a Christmas song that you use, you can always turn a song like "Row, row, your boat" into a Christmas song about Virtuadopt Pokemon.

Please make sure all of your links work, and that all photos are uploaded somewhere that everyone can see.

It doesn't state anywhere that I can tell, you don't have to make a post including the rhythm. "Please make sure all of your links work" is basically asking you to include the rhythm" ;)

If we don't have a rhythm then how do we know how to sing the song. We can't just sing the song in our heads and make up a rhythm. I tried with quite a few, a few times, even yours and I didn't even come close to what you showed us. I even picked other songs and tried to sing the songs to them, to no avail. (but again it wasn't up to us to do that, but I tried, LOL)
Kittykato wrote:Since I do feel it is not fair and my view obviously doesnt matter i will not join contests henceforth.
This is your choice and I am sad to see you make this choice as I feel you have a lot of talent and it will be missed.
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)