Christmas Contest 2011

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Am Lee

Re: Christmas Contest 2011

Post by Am Lee »

Seems lika a lot of fun I may give it a whirl
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Kittykato

Post by Kittykato »

I just wanted to say about the card being harder then the song. Not necessarily true i can provided i have the means can make a splendid card in an hour. Longer and i feel im procrastinating.

However i am thankful very thankful you let us write or change a tune. It isn't easy for those of us who cant afford to be fancy this winter. Christmas is always to much.

For those of us with less means pencil crayons and paper doesn't seem to cut it.
AdoptableCollecting Pikachu'sAdoptable
Adoptable
Taja

Post by Taja »

I like the new contest and the prizes are cute. Have ideas for both so I just have to decide what I will make. But I guess, amount of freetime will take the decision XD

But I have a question for the songs. In the rules is written that we have all the words by our own, but I've seen through the entries and some only have put in some pokémon names and the rest of the text is nearly the same as the original. So now I wanted to ask if really EVERY word has to be selfcreated?
And another question: Do we have to pay attention that the text is fitting the tune correctly?
I know, we don't need to sing it, but it should be singable, or? (I ask because at some entries I really have problems with the arrangements of melody and words^^° If it is not that important, it's ok for me too, but I wanted to know because than it isn't more a poem and some way easier)
_Cyre_

Post by _Cyre_ »

that is a good question of Taja... i also was wondering about some entries o.O
but i think we should not only change that few words, but create it on our own. i guess it will not be a big deal if somewhere there are two words that are the same (can happen by mistake, especially with words like 'you' 'me' and so on) but i think the main thing should be done by ourselfs, otherwise it would be way to easy and unfair for those doing the card-thingy...
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

Taja, If they only use 2 words or La la la, it's okay. But if we see that they just copied the entire text, the participants will be disqualified at judging. I think it's clearly in the rules that it is about effort and not about copying.

And about the other question, it would be nice if it fits yes :)
Adoptable
[center]Siegj's Trade StationImage[/center]
Taja

Post by Taja »

Siegj_x, yes ok, I wasn't concerning about some words or a same line, because it is impossible to avoid similarities with any existing song, but if over half of the text is original and the entry is counted as well, then it would be very frustrating for all those putting much effort in their.
Now I feel better^^

Ok, nice, but not necessary to 100 %, thats good to know^^
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Is every kind of Christmas card allowed?
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

Taja, I know, I also wouldn't think that's fair so :)
& I'm glad I could help you! :)

UkeSora, what do you mean with every kind? Christmas card is Christmas card I guess.
Adoptable
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

Unless you are talking Religion? if it is that then I don't see a problem...not everyone is Christian ;)
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

No, I was more refering to.. how you could design the card.
You can simply fold them with a cover in front and the text inside, but there are other kind of cards and I simply wanted to know whether we have any restriction concerning size, where the text has to be and what not.
Tentakelmonster
Faustkämpferin

Post by Tentakelmonster »

Why are some people bothering about the card being harder to make than the song? Just do the song, if you think it's easier. I'd say that "Carving a pumpkin" requires more experience and "skill" you could say than designing a lantern, which can be simple if you - for example - just decorate one. Just a comprehension. ^^

But anyway I don't want to intervene in this discussion because I think both tasks are quite cool.

I'm looking forward on making two christmas cards. ^_^
Adoptable Adoptable
Siegj
Queen Bear

Post by Siegj »

UkeSora, you're free in that :)
Adoptable
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

Siegj_x, alright, thanks! :)
papousek

Post by papousek »

wow, i must join too! *running to the shop* yes i must buy my materials xD but i dont know if i can make song, my English isnt TOO GOOD
Im collecting Wingulls, any offers? PM me please and choose something from my trade box.
Loves:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Requiem
Full-Time Fujoshi

Post by Requiem »

Oh noeeees, my idea with some sort of Pop Up-Card has already been used. D:

Ah, whatever, I should better get started. *looks at my personal schedule* Damn. So little time. |D
ImageImage
HIATUS
ninja tommy21

Post by ninja tommy21 »

Requiem, haha. Don't worry you weren't the only one with that idea. I too had a similar idea. I was going to take a old card I made with flygons, and redraw them so I can attach them to a new card and have them pop out. But ehh. I have back up plans. gowd I hate not having time to do things.
Spoiler:
我愛你

Shiny Wish List
ImageImage
FA Has adult and non adult content. I take story requests.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

Requiem, I actually thought of the same thing, so I am sure many other users thought of that, too :]

But now I have thought of something new xD
Adoptable
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

Maaaaaaan |D my idea has been used, too... aw, what a shame. I have to hurry before someone uses my new idea, too XD"
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Kijairi

Post by Kijairi »

Hey~~~
I post my entries and now I think that it is good to post here, too.
I love this contest, because it is so creativ. I love the prices and the results. I love christmas and I am happy to create a christmas present for friends here :3
Oo...maybe I love a little to much?
PokeTrade
Crazy collecting Chansey

Post by PokeTrade »

Question: Are we allowed to follow a tutorial? Must we post a link to the tutorial in our entry or not?
My collections:
ImageImageImage