Christmas Contest 2011

Only Official Contests, managed by Virtuadopt staff belong here.
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Re: Christmas Contest 2011

Post by Dustydragon »

Hijikata wrote:Shira-yuri, yes, that's a good question.
I also thought 'why 2?'. Because if you participate in the second task, you also have to create just one song and not two :|
And I think there's a bit more work behind a card then creating a song (just my opinion though)
I do not agree with a card being harder than the song...especially if people are using their computers. Doing a card on the computer is so much easier than people who actually make a card from scratch.
I personally make cards from scratch and I can make over 25 in an hour.

I feel that the song would take a lot more to do as someone has to think of words and a tune too.

The idea of 2 cards is because we want you to choose "2" people who you would send them (the cards) to, and why you chose those people and that design/s for that person/people.
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

_Cyre_, Elyn05, Danny Croft

Actually to make it fair to others who have all ready entered....the songs should be in English. People have all ready entered and their songs are in English so I think we will just keep it the one language ;)
Hijikata

Post by Hijikata »

Dustydragon, uhm, I still can't see a reason why we should make 2 cards though. I mean, those cards should be a bit more outstanding for the contest so that you can get a good ranking and that takes a bit more time then just 1 hour, even when you're using a computer. And if you want them to be handmade it takes you even more time.
I just can speak for myself, but I know that I need at least one week for only 1 card because I want it to be something special. And they should be specially designed for the people we send them to, while the song can be about anything, really.

In my opinion, those songs are easily made in about 10-20 minutes, because there is already a song existing as a pattern and you just have to think of the words and not the tune at all. (ok, maybe you have to take care that the words flow with the music)

But yeah... I still don't understand that reasoning and think the arrangement of the tasks are a bit unfair, sorry ^^;

And now I have to rush to work, nyu~ D:
Shira-yuri

Post by Shira-yuri »

I don't know which user I should send the second card, when I actually participate.
I will not complain.

I just want to say I totally don't agree with the statement of making a card handy is more work than with computer, no. I'm speaking of experience when I say that, at work we need to do christmas cards for clients too on computer and hell this takes soooo long -.-'
And when the mods who are judging this contest are thinking this way (ok maybe not all, I don't know) I am asking me why should I participate?

I don't want to argue with some of you >.< Please don't see it that way, I think also it depends on the person who creates a card..
Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable Adoptable
Elyn05

Post by Elyn05 »

Dustydragon wrote: _Cyre_, Elyn05, Danny Croft

Actually to make it fair to others who have all ready entered....the songs should be in English. People have all ready entered and their songs are in English so I think we will just keep it the one language ;)
Ok... So I can't partecipate in the contest... :(
Trade Box - Promo Trade Box
I'm looking for Starters, Specials and Promos I don't have

Image Image Image Image Image
a-chan
chibi yaoi kitty

Post by a-chan »

I agree with Shira-yuri... I draw a lot with computer programs too, and it is right that the printing isn't that much of work, but the progress of drawing needs a lot of time and work. Sometimes it takes even longer than if I had drawn it by hand on paper. In my opinion hand-made cards and computer-drawn cards should be judged equally, and not being seen as one is easier to make than the other... just saying :3
(Speaking of detailed hard work, and not just a red dot on a green background or so... ne?)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
xDisaster
Bright Blue Star ♥

Post by xDisaster »

[center]I wish I could join this one, but i have no idea on who to send the cards to and plus i'm bad at making up lyrics to songs :\[/center]
[center]Image Image
Made by the lovely a-chan
Happy 10 years my love
3-21-07[/center]
Ryou_Kimura
Daisuki Bruno-Chan

Post by Ryou_Kimura »

Dustydragon,

maybe you should put a FAQ below so that you don't have to answer all questions again and again.

about the difficulty:

it's not possible to say which one is easier or more work before you see the results.

if someone writes a song from an existing song that's really not much work, just 20 minutes or so and it's done. only changing a few words from an original song is done in a few minutes.
but if people make a complete own song that will need a little more time, because only then you have to think really of the tune, the words, the meaning and the whole idea behind it.

compared to that, making a card and even two is much harder, except of the case when people take already exisitng images and print them out to put them on the cards or print out the finished card with only these already given original or VA pictures and maybe an computer-added or handwrote 'merry x-mas'.
but if people draw themselve or do handcraft, that sure needs much more time, even for only one card, then to write a song.
and it dones't matter if it's drawn at the computer or by hand on paper. it's both a lot of work and needs much time. it's equal if you make it by hand or with the computer or both combined as long as you don't take given pictures and make all yourself.

making a card, no matter which way, is definitly harder than writing a song from an already existing one.

i have no problem with making 2 ones, though.
Last edited by Ryou_Kimura on December 3rd, 2011, 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Main Collections: Sandshrew, Chatot, Lucario, Shellos (blue), Corviknight
Side Collections: Girafarig, Swablu, Joltik, Minccino, Skiddo, Snom
ansiska

Post by ansiska »

i want to join too but how can i place here that picture??

Adoptable
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

ansiska, there is a thread just for the pictures. the link for this is in the first post
ansiska

Post by ansiska »

thnx :) :D
Leafeon98

Post by Leafeon98 »

Question: Can I participate the two events? :)
If you feed my box 1, I will feed your Pokémons as well! :)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Xiah
queen of old times

Post by Xiah »

Leafeon98, it says, that you just make ONE of the two and not both
Red Senpai

Post by Red Senpai »

Leafeon98, I would participate the two events, too
because I finished both and can't decide which I choose x'D
ImageImageImage
sig made by a-chan
Shira-yuri

Post by Shira-yuri »

Ryou_Kimura wrote:Dustydragon,

maybe you should put a FAQ below so that you don't have to answer all questions again and again.

about the difficulty:

it's not possible to say which one is easier or more work before you see the results.

if someone writes a song from an existing song that's really not much work, just 20 minutes or so and it's done. only changing a few words from an original song is done in a few minutes.
but if people make a complete own song that will need a little more time, because only then you have to think really of the tune, the words, the meaning and the whole idea behind it.

compared to that, making a card and even two is much harder, except of the case when people take already exisitng images and print them out to put them on the cards or print out the finished card with only these already given original or VA pictures and maybe an computer-added or handwrote 'merry x-mas'.
but if people draw themselve or do handcraft, that sure needs much more time, even for only one card, then to write a song.
and it dones't matter if it's drawn at the computer or by hand on paper. it's both a lot of work and needs much time. it's equal if you make it by hand or with the computer or both combined as long as you don't take given pictures and make all yourself.

making card, no matter which way, is definitly harder than writing a song from an already existing one.
Yeah I totally agree with that! :)
Cyrrior
Black Ditto

Post by Cyrrior »

Dustydragon wrote: I do not agree with a card being harder than the song...especially if people are using their computers. Doing a card on the computer is so much easier than people who actually make a card from scratch.
I personally make cards from scratch and I can make over 25 in an hour.

I feel that the song would take a lot more to do as someone has to think of words and a tune too.

The idea of 2 cards is because we want you to choose "2" people who you would send them (the cards) to, and why you chose those people and that design/s for that person/people.
And I don't agree with a song being harder then a card °_°
I mean... of course you CAN do a card in a very fast and easy way... but like you said that you have to think about words/tunes for a song you have to think about how to make a card too, at least if you want to make something a little bit more creative.
Of course you can just print an artwork/cut out a voltorb, paste it on a piece of paper and you're done. But honestly... I would be kind of ashamed to make something that simple for a contest, escpecially if it is supposed to be for two friends... So I guess if you try to make something more special it wouldn't be that easy to make 25 cards in an hour.. (and btw I could write 25 songs in an hour too =P But that doesn't mean that they'd be good).
Oh, and making a card on the computer isn't necessarily easier... again, it depends on what you want to do there.

I just think you can't compare something like writing a song and making a card... so calling anything easier/more difficult than the other is just wrong in my opinion :O (and I'm speaking in general, not refering to anyone here in the thread) It can both be a challenge... some will be better at writing a song, other will be better at making cards... so... yeah.. I don't see why we have to discuss what's more difficult anyway °o°
Ah and btw I really like the idea that you have to make cards for 2 friends!

(I hope I didn't offend anyone.. wasn't my intention)
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

When I thought of doing the cards on the computer, I will admit, I forgot about actually drawing on the computer ;)
Yes, when doing it that way it is harder, but remember you can make the same card for both people :) (it is your choice if you wish to do a separate type of card) ;)

I will do the FAQ a little later on, as I have a brunch to go to, unless Siegj can do it sooner :D
Gamble
~ Flying Dreamer ~

Post by Gamble »

Cyrrior's opinion for the win! :3
Adoptable Image Adoptable
Image Image
Image Last shiny: Mantine [New Project: 124/151!]
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

Elyn05, I am sure that you can write the song in your language and ask someone to help you translate it. The song doesn't have to be in perfect English ;)
Delight

Post by Delight »

Oh I like these Promo-Wooper. *_*
I think I try Project One. Wonderful Idea!
Last edited by Delight on December 5th, 2011, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.