Miscellaneous updates. Read!

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.

Do you want to block feeding of multiple Virtuadopts at the same time?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 575
Shadow
Shadow

Re: Miscellaneous updates. Read!

Post by Shadow »

Blocking mass feeding.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Adoptable
Sayumi
• All good things to those who wait. ✿

Post by Sayumi »

Nice updates - thanks :D

but....
4. Change in Promo winning system. Due to some people abusing current feeding system, I decided to remove javascript popup from feeding pages. Instead, I placed huge banner on top of the site. If you want to win promotional Virtuadopts, you need to pay attention to clicking. You don't have even to scroll down to the bottom, you will see it on the top. It looks like that (click to see in full resolution):
Damn damn and damn again. (sorry - just realized I just close one of these windows, I won a Articuno and I'm a bit pissed off now 'cause I wasn't able to get the code) xD stupid meh. *hits her head on table*

I really prefered the pop-up-window 'cause it warned me for not closing the tab before I took the code.

Since I use ctrl+click for opening more tabs at once, I close them very quickly after they loaded (ya know, holding down ctrl+w).

btw. I quote what I've just said about opening more tabs at once with ctrl+click (ya know, with firefox). Is that considered "mass-feeding" ? :/ *feels confused now*
Tradestation
Inoff. Helper: german, french & english
Image Image
stream
Paranoid ex-Mod

Post by stream »

Yes thats all your misstake.
Groovy!
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

Sayumi wrote:btw. I quote what I've just said about opening more tabs at once with ctrl+click (ya know, with firefox). Is that considered "mass-feeding" ? :/ *feels confused now*
Ctrl+Clicking isn't mass feeding. As long as you click the adoptable, you are fine.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Well it is definitely mass feeding, but not the one I disapprove of. Still you need to pay attention to winning promos.

What I disapprove of:

a)using firefox plugin to open more links than one, simply by selecting them all
b)use favs to open hundreds of virtuadopts in one second (by opening whole folder)
c)using php scripts to output bazillion of links, and then click them asap
d)using php scripts in conjugation with iframes, to make bazillion of iframes containing feed page - in few seconds you feed n virtuadopts.

In current system, I can't block any of these actions. When I see people using php scripts, I can simply ban those scripts, but only until their user will move to other host.

The block-multiple-feeding-mod I made is still vulnerable to d), sometimes to a) and b).

Today one of users made use of d) solution - which basically fed virtuadopts from x to y with one click. I can't block it. Since that way, I can't make any promos-awarded-for-clicks, and it devalues $, and random promos, I made a decision to make feeding two-stepped (and also without possibility to feed more than one). It's the only way to prevent users from taking unfair advantages....

This will also mean, that I will make gaining money a little easier (more $!). The one-step feeding will also be a possibility - but it will be a special link made for external click exchanges - where you will easily hatch your eggs, but don't gain money, nor promos.

I know many of you will dislike that decision. It's the only right choice though, to keep this game fair, and balanced.
ImageAdoptable
Sayumi

Post by Sayumi »

Oh I'm glad what I did is not against the rules. Of course I click every adoptable myself with ctrl+click. Since I do this a lot, I'm good on it so I do it quickly but it still happens that I miss some of them sometimes xD

Anyway, I don't use any of the a) b) c) or d) options you mentionned stefanol, so I guess that's good :D (if I'm honest, I don't even understand everything what you just mentioned, that prooves that I wouldn't even be able to use that since I don't know how it works haha xD).

Like you said, I dislike the two-step-feeding a bit because it makes feeding (or lvling up, however) a bit a pain. But of course I understand that you want to stop people using those methods. So I'll get used to it :D

And - thanks for your answers! ^___^
Tradestation
Image Image
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

you are welcome.

Of course I dislike two-step feeding.

But IMO it's the only way to make chances equal to everyone....
ImageAdoptable
Sayumi

Post by Sayumi »

Oh well that's okay. Maybe one day there will be another, bit better, solution :)

But I guess that will stop me from feeding the whole 35 (or how many?) pages of the "want clicks?"-thread. xD

But I do like the mini profile pages :D oh and your butterfree looks awesome *can't stop staring at it* xD
Tradestation
Image Image
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

wait, so did you already change it to that or are you going to do that soon? I kinda got lost in your post.. x:
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
yankeesrule3526
Chief of Operations

Post by yankeesrule3526 »

He didn't do it yet.
Ellie
HBIC

Post by Ellie »

thanks yankees. If money is easier to get after the change then I'm fine with it.
Spoiler:
Please click box 1 & sig!
Trading Box 13 for Clefairy/Easter Exeggcute/Xmas Sudowoodo
Trade
Yarold's
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

^yep

well that's the only solution.

There is no way to block, or trace the use of plugins, opening tons of feed pages... or block feeding from favs, where people can open folder with thousands of them at once, with the current system - as they simulate what you do with manually click..

Either I trust you all not to abuse the system (which I don't do, as I already know users who do it the easier way), or just make it impossible to use them - by adding two step feeding.
ImageAdoptable
Venomoth
Trusted Trader

Post by Venomoth »

So it would be like a second screen, that says "Are you sure you want to train this pokemon/walk this egg" and you have to accept or decline?
Adoptable
Sayumi

Post by Sayumi »

I'm so curious about knowing who does that but I know of course that you won't tell us. But I'm still curious, don't beat me for it. xD

And I guess there will be like chaos said, like a "confirm"-button to click on.... but who knows. :D
Tradestation
Image Image
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

it will be probably that way.

And I don't want to tell who that is... but think for yourself, if it is so so good to feed over 90000 of virtuadopts, get 34 promos, and buy ten of each evolutionary stones in... a little over one week? seriously...
ImageAdoptable
Venomoth
Trusted Trader

Post by Venomoth »

That much? Then what's the whole point of joining the site if there won't be any effort involved?
Adoptable
Kai

Post by Kai »

You are curious, Sayumi? I'm a person who uses FF addons to "click" the pets. (I have stopped doing it pretty much, though; once I realized how unfair it was. Though I did it the last couple days for my own pets. >.< -shot-) Not often, but still do. I'm lazy. =P Though, I'm glad things will be balanced and more fair. It doesn't take that long for me to actually "click" the pets. Meaning, double clicking... so I actually feed it. If you know what I mean. XD So, I like this. =] -doesn't have much to say-

And, of course, I'm curious for who did that script thing or whatever; but, then again, I don't want to know. And as you just said, you won't name names. =]
ImageImageImage
Spoiler:
AdoptableAdoptable
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

well person with script was not the person with such high stats - but he also managed to raise them quite high in no time.

as I said, changes are needed, if we want everyone to have equal chances.... and to give whole money system any sense.
ImageAdoptable
Venomoth
Trusted Trader

Post by Venomoth »

If you really look at it in my way, it really is for the good of this site.
Adoptable
Joy

Post by Joy »

:raises hand: I'm probably one of the people he is making this double script feeding for, and he probably knows I'm one of them. xD I use Firefox with addons. It's easy and I'm 'lazy', even though it does take me all day to click a lot of them. :hangs head in shame: I agree, two step does seem to be the only way.. or is it?

How about you have the feeding one step BUT you have to click a confirm button to get the money. :o That would still be two step to gain anything, but it would be nice for Yarolds, because sometimes people don't click the confirm there. :D I hope I explain this well enough.
? To who those are wondering about my Pokemon: No, I did not get hacked.
I feel this life is more important than material possessions. ?