Artwork Redraws

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
agirl3003

Re: Artwork Redraws

Post by agirl3003 »

with the new artwork its not the style that looks odd, its little things =) mew is a pokemon that is simple, but very hard to draw right. It's that simplicity that makes it hard. Like hands. The main this with this one is the proportions are wrong. Mew has small, stubbly arms, they are too long and the head is shaped a little odd. Mew two, the only thing that looks odd is the arm, its too long. The problem with art is people who dont know about it, see something is wrong, but dont always understand what is is so they can't explain it. The pictures are fine =) they just need another perspective. Like how some people I know do 'red lining' they draw a sketch, and have other people look at it, and point out what doesn't look right. It takes a big longer but over all I think it is helpful in the end and makes for a better quality picture. But what you guys need to understand is Stefan likes them, and not everyone's opinions will be the same. I am harsh on mew only because its my all time favorite pokemon ^^ and even I am not always completely happy with how I draw it. Its gotta be just right XD lol. I love cyndaquil though =) I think it came out adorable! Igglybuff and umbreon are awesome to =P hehe.

also remember Naut has a very 'cute' approach to her pokemon. Which is why eyes are big and stuff. That's just her =) everyone has their own style ^^ also remember things ARE changing, and this is just how its going to be. Eventually you have to accept it. Maybe a good approach would be to suggest redraws. Such as, when its possible have votes of ones that the people thing could be spruced up to look a little better. Because on a site like this, what the people think is important because its all about the pictures. And while not everyone will be happy, getting as many happy as you can is always good because it helps to keep the community happy =) I am looking forward to seeing the new redraws though. While some look odd, others look super cute! ^^

but I agree with annie. Right now switching to what they own is a bigger priority, and later maybe requests for redraws can be put in if they are willing to accept that. If not, oh well that's just how it is XD instead of criticizing, make suggestions for how certain things can be improved. Constructive criticism. Not just 'eew, that's awful' because that is just mean and serves no useful purpose other then to be a jerk. So remember, be constructive =) dont just needlessly hurt others feelings. Naut does have feelings, so be nice and just make suggestions instead of saying its 'wrong' or 'cruel'. None of it is cruel, so be nice. :P
Tazgirl18992
Location: I'm a ninja. If I told you, I would have to kill you.. Nothing personal. Just business.

Post by Tazgirl18992 »

hehe, there's nothing else to say! agirl3003 said it all!
Spoiler for Clicks:
Please click everything in box1! Return clicks, Pm me!
The Phione will lead you to my box.
Trade Box 5/6
Random Family:
Spoiler:
Collecting gligars!
ImageImage
Sprite by Airelesanya from Vdexproject.net
sma

Post by sma »

Oh no! Why do I see this thread just now and not earlier? :o
Doesn't matter I want to share my opinion about the new artworks. :)

Magnemite: I have to say I really really like this version of magnemite, even though I usually dislike the Pokemon itself. The Artwork ist interesting and all, so a big plus on Magnemite! :)

Mew: When I saw Mew I had tolook twice because I couldn't belive what I saw.
I dislike the artwork, the pose is okay but the eyes are to big(looks like an alien to me), the nose looks odd, the legs and arms are not so well done, too.
Sorry but I just cannot get myself to like it!

Mewtwo: Phu..I like the pose really much, but I get the feeling the head ist to small and the hands are to big...that's all for it.

Cyndaquil: That's an artwork I really like! I mean, okay, I would like to see it with flames too, but it's cool to see a Cyndaquil without flames sometimes, the pose is cute and no proportions off here. :)

Persian: Cool posa, but the head is to small, the paws are to big and so looks the backside.

Chikorita: To me it looks a bit long drawn-out from feet to head and as I get the feeling Nautilus wanted it to be from bird's eye view...thta just makes it look even more long drawn-out!

I don't want to critisize Nautilus drawing style at all, but I can see some things with the proportions not being okay in that way...
But I can see we already get used to the Eevee artworks and so on, so yes most o the times the change itself it is what shockes us, not really the drawing/artwork itself...
But I really really hope I will like the changed artworks of Elekid, Magby and Marill! >3<
UkeSora
The Sidekick

Post by UkeSora »

I may don't belong here, but -
will you change the banner above too?
Nautilus at least should draw Totodile soon, so the banner can ve changed to the new Artwork as well.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

The banner will stay that way for now.
ImageAdoptable
Andris

Post by Andris »

Chikorita is so cool in her new Shy pose.
AdoptableAdoptable
Wartortle13

Post by Wartortle13 »

Mew is really cute, but it could be a little less chubby. other than that, I like it. <3

And I love the Persian. And Cynaquil looks a little..naked without its fire. D:

Other than that, its all nice. <3
RANDOM STUFF BELOW!
Spoiler:
Image team yey <3
YEY FOR NINETALES AND VULPIX! ~ The Weirdo-Ninepix Clan.
Mai babies <3 They need clickies ;-;
Adoptable Adoptable
cbussiere

Post by cbussiere »

Here's my opinions:
Magnemite: Too cute, I love it!
Mew: Sorry, but I really don't like it. The muzzle/nose look really odd, kinda like a human nose. It just ruins the whole picture. :|
Mewtwo: Really cool, I love how its usings an attck. But the head looks a little... off.
Cyndaquil: Really cute, but I miss the flames.
Persian: Really cute, I love it.
Chikorita: Definatley my favorite of the redraws. TOO cute, but the colors are a bit too pastel. ^_^
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

Two brand new redraws, straight from Nautilus added, check first post.
ImageAdoptable
Kamui

Post by Kamui »

hmmm..nice poses but Squirtle's legs and arms are too big..Totodile is very cute^^
Nery
Coffee Freak

Post by Nery »

The new Squirtle is sooo cute <3 I really like it.
Totodile is also nice ^^
Virtuadopt Click-Box
Collecting: Seel, Dewgong, Houndour, Houndoom, Abandoned Mimikyu and Anpu Houndoom
(Future Gens: Gothorita, Deerling, Klink, Cofagrigus, Archen, Mimikyu)
Papilusion
Daydreamer

Post by Papilusion »

Totodile is supercute! :D
Adoptable
sma

Post by sma »

As there are two new redraws I'm gonna write my opinion about them down! :)

Squirtle: Nice Pose, I really like it, it looks like it wants to jump right into water, but the arms and legs are a little to big...

Totodile: Even if the not full shown arm is a little to big..I really really like this picture, as the pose is cute and nice..and the way it looks shows really character.

=)

But I have a question: As there is a voting which drawing we want to see changed next, why aren't you gonig after this voting which artworks to redraw? =)
stefanol
soul supreme+

Post by stefanol »

As I mentioned previously, image voting only gives us a clue on what would you like redrawn soon - it's not deciding completely.
ImageAdoptable
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

i don't like Squirtle soo much.. it's a little bit fat in myi don't like Squirtle soo much.. it's a little bit fat in my opinion..
i hope the next redraw is rapidash?.. i hope
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Setofant

Post by Setofant »

Totodile is teh cuteness. ?
-loves it-
The legs are a bit big, but that doesn't matter.

Squirtle is... a bit weird. >D
The idea for his pose is cute, but the legs and arms are too big and his 'torso' is too round and small.

Nothing to scream 'OMG I HATE IT >_>' though.
bluebell_rose

Post by bluebell_rose »

squirtle looks like it needs a diet. totadile looks ok
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join The mob and be part of an awesome Team ! We can teach you to click 400 links in 10 mins! Pm me to learn how. Only PM me if you aren't already in a dyn.
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
Neo
Chocolate Junkie

Post by Neo »

Squirtly needs a diet
but it looks cute
I also like totodile :)
good works so far :)
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
catboy

Post by catboy »

agirl3003 wrote: also remember Naut has a very 'cute' approach to her pokemon. Which is why eyes are big and stuff. That's just her =) everyone has their own style ^^
I guess that's my main problem with the new artworks' drawign style. Originally Pokémon was a shônen series, but Naut makes them look VERY shôjo, almost like an Arina Tanemura drawing pokémon. ^_^

If she could just take the eye size back a little, on Squirtle for example, I could feel a lot happier about it. :oops:
Adoptable
BlueSkyGirl

Post by BlueSkyGirl »

They're both really cute =3
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable