Advertisements

Every announcement regarding Virtuadopt main site, or forums will come here.
stefanol
soul supreme+

Advertisements

Post by stefanol »

Greetings!

This is a public service announcement. As you may have noticed, the advertisements have returned onsite, in the exactly same way as they appeared a year ago. As I have noticed, it caused quite a lot of complaining.

Let me make some things clear. The advertisements are a regular way of dealing with monthly costs, such as server costs (but also a domain costs, or the costs of hiring a server technicians). The things mentioned are not free. The Virtuadopt itself is, as you may have noticed, entirely free. From that comparison you may understand, that if it weren't for advertisements, in addition to the time and work commited to Virtuadopt by me, yankeesrule3526, UkeSora, Nautilus and moderators, I would also have to cover all the costs by myself, merely for your entertainment and fun.

Now. We have been through NeoBux phase. Surprisingly, that way of keeping the site both free, and advertisement free, also caused complaining. I guess there is no way to keep all the users happy at the same time. Either way, the NeoBux phase is over. Period.

In regards to the comments about the positioning of advertisements - certainly, the two advertisement blocks were positioned on top. Why, you ask? Because it is the only position attractive to the advertisers. By moving the advertisements anywhere else, simply, I honestly doubt the income generated by them would be anywhere close to the server costs.

Unfortunately, some of you were unable to grasp that concept. I am kinda disappointed, but I also have been expecting it. But, understand one thing - the advertisements appeared not for the sake of it, or so I'd be able to swim in the lake of money (believe me, the sole ad income sometimes didn't even cover the server costs anyway). They were there, so the Virtuadopt would be able to continue, while still being a free browser game.

Some of you in the past asked me about donating money, to keep the advertisements out of the loop. I disagreed back then, since I didn't want to keep the burden on any of you - and while donations are always welcome, they will never be mandatory, and the advertisements were not a threat to force you into doing so. However, right now one user, TsukinoRan, donated enough money to keep the advertisements off the site for current month. Kudos to her.

So. I took the advertisements down. Enjoy.
ImageAdoptable
blue4nic
Vollzeitmama

Re: Advertisements

Post by blue4nic »

a big thank you to TsukinoRan.

I myself have thought about how I can help to ensure that the advertising display to stay away. I have come decisions leading to the following: when the neobux action ends, I want the money that I earned about virtuadopt to donate. at the moment I have about 5 dollars. I guess if others user agree with my proposed is determined, a good penny together.

Now another question: would it be possible that you can send money directly from neobux to virtuadopt? thus lost would go no cents, which would be incurred even push through the back and forth.
I collect all Evolutions of this:
AdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptableAdoptable
luluna
Location: used to be a eevee but when playing with a furret i got lost

Post by luluna »

yeah, i'm nothing with the neobux cash you can have it.i don't have a dollar yet though :(.
btw how can you donate?
limbonic_art

Post by limbonic_art »

I'd always be willing to do neobux, even without prizes.
mauwie
Snarky Shark

Post by mauwie »

limbonic_art, neobux will be ending because not everyone agrees with it.

I'd just like to say thank you very much TsukinoRan, that was very kind of you. I hope I can donate more in the future and thanks to the staff for putting up with us ;]
Adoptable
luluna
Location: used to be a eevee but when playing with a furret i got lost

Post by luluna »

how can we actually donate?
Flamaij
τнє вurηιηg ғℓαмє

Post by Flamaij »

luluna, there is a donate button at the bottom of the main page. But you need to have PayPal in order to donate.

Also, I'm also willing to donate money if needed. I have no idea how much it costs every month to keep the ads down every month, but I'm sure that there are many people who are willing to help.

Thanks to TsukinoRan for paying! c:
ImageImageImageImageImage
splochimo

Post by splochimo »

luluna,
Anyway, on the site's home page, there is a button at the very bottom where you can donate.

Also, I'd like to give my thanks to TsukinoRan for paying! Big thankies.
BlackViper
La Viper

Post by BlackViper »

I´m also really interested in the money that is needed every month to keep the site free of advertisement.

Maybe it would help if there will be a counter so that every willing donator can see, how much money is still needed?
To speak for myself, I am willing to donate verey month some money only for not see the advertisement ^^
Bloodangel
Vampire of Darkness

Post by Bloodangel »

I am willing to donate verey month some money only for not see the advertisement
Lux
Aeterna

Post by Lux »

I would like to donate, too. Because I'm using an add blocker and I will not turn it off just for this page.
limbonic_art

Post by limbonic_art »

I know that not everyone agrees with neobux, but what I mean is that those users who DO agree with it and have no problem still click to "donate" money to VA? Maybe it could help a little bit...
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

limbonic_art wrote:I know that not everyone agrees with neobux, but what I mean is that those users who DO agree with it and have no problem still click to "donate" money to VA? Maybe it could help a little bit...
Just a reminder from Steph's post....
"Now. We have been through NeoBux phase. Surprisingly, that way of keeping the site both free, and advertisement free, also caused complaining. I guess there is no way to keep all the users happy at the same time. Either way, the NeoBux phase is over. Period."
AdoptableAdoptable AdoptableAdoptable
click the banner to be taken to my box 1 :)
KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif »

But that doesn't mean that we couldn't spend the money we can make with Neobux to VA, does it?
Neobux is a site on it's own. So if we make money there, we can spend it.
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

of course you can spend that money if you so choose :)
Corrisnel

Post by Corrisnel »

neobux was here so that we could click money f0r VA and we got something in return. So doesnt all the money everyone here clicked , go to VA ??
Dustydragon
Lover of Wooper

Post by Dustydragon »

For every member that signed up under the link that was posted on the page that Stef gave us, VA received a certain percentage of funds per click/ad/whatever.

That link was VA's referral link, so by us clicking on that link and signing up, and clicking we were generating money for VA each time we signed in and clicked.
We also generated ourselves money by clicking on the ads as well :)

If you go to your Neobux profile, you will have a 'referral link' as well that you can give out to your friends so that they can sign up under you ;)
Corrisnel

Post by Corrisnel »

Aaah like that, i thought all the money we where clicking for was for VA. I cant use it so Stef may have it. I would have no idea where to use it for other then VA.